Sunday, May 18, 2008

Wow! A year has past!

Well, I can't believe it's been a year since I posted here. Not that I've been posting anywhere else, hehe. I wasn't really able to find out much about anti-war protesting around here, but I know a spot near a ferry landing nearby where there are people holding signs every Sunday and I am resolved to go out one Sunday very soon and be with them.

I'm back in college and it's going very well. I'll be moving soon to be near to the four year University where I am transferring to. I hate to move again, because I love my home here, but I have to because my goal is to get my BA in Management at this University and that is that.

Last weekend I went to the Seattle Art Museum and saw this exhibit of Roman artifacts from the Louvre. It was really great. It's funny though, because I have actually been to the Louvre, but I was only about 10 years old at that time and the only thing I can remember seeing there was the painting of the Mona Lisa. I guess that's a good thing to remember though. Anyway, the Roman artifacts exhibit was really good and I especially like the mosaics, and now I want to make my own mosaic. Another thing that was good about the exhibit was that there were some marble busts of Marcus Aurelius and his wife. I had written a paper recently on him, and I had seen those busts in pictures, and OMG....there they were in real life......1900 years old!

We had the election primaries here in Washington not too long ago, and I had so much homework that I could not find the time to go, but my 18 year old son did go and caucused for Obama.

So I'm trying to start up this blog again because I'm reading a lot of political blogs all the time these days.

That's it for now from Plimpie.

Peace!

1 Comments:

At 12:02 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home